Welcome to the world of electric skateboarding! If you’re new to this exciting mode of transportation, you may be wondering how to control your board. That’s where the electric skateboard remote comes in! And why it is of utmost importance you know how to properly utilize your electric skateboard remote.
This essential device allows you to effortlessly accelerate, brake, and steer your skateboard – all from the palm of your hand.
Read about everything you need to know about using an electric skateboard remote, including how it works, its key features, and tips for getting the most out of your ride. So, let’s get started!
Electric Skateboard Remote Quick Guide
If you’re new to electric skateboarding, using a remote control can make getting started much easier. Here are the steps you need to follow to use your electric skateboard remote like a pro, continue below for more details.
- Turn on your electric skateboard
- Turn on your remote control
- Pair the control with the skateboard
- Adjust the skateboard’s speed
Electric Skateboard Remote Steps
By following these steps, you’ll be able to use your electric skateboard remote control confidently and safely. Enjoy the ride!
Step 1: Turn on your electric skateboard
Turn on your electric skateboard by pressing the power button located on the board.
Step 2: Turn on your remote control
Most remote controls have a power button that you need to press and hold until the LED indicator light turns on.
Step 3: Pair the control with the skateboard
Make sure the remote control is paired with the skateboard. This usually involves holding down a specific button on the remote control until the LED indicator light flashes rapidly.
Step 4: Adjust the skateboard’s speed
Once pairing is complete, you can adjust the skateboard’s speed and direction using the thumbstick on the remote control. Push the thumbstick forward to go forward and pull it back to brake or reverse.
Recommended Electric Skateboard Remotes That Get the Job Done
No products found.
Looking for an efficient remote for your DIY electric skateboard? Look no further than the Flipsky 2.4 GHz Remote VX1. This highly responsive remote features a 2.4 GHz bandwidth, ensuring a strong and stable connection with your board.
With the ability to support three-speed modes and a cruise control mode, this remote allows for maximum control and customization of your ride. The remote and skateboard power indication lights also make it easy to keep track of battery levels. Speaking of which, the Flipsky 2.4Ghz Remote VX1 even has a feature allowing you to check the remote’s battery volume.
The remote’s ABS+Rubber painting surface ensures a comfortable grip, perfect for long rides. And of course, the rechargeable Li-ion battery ensures that you don’t have to worry about constantly replacing batteries. With the Flipsky 2.4Ghz Remote VX1, you can take your electric skateboard experience to the next level.
No products found.
With easy-to-use acceleration and deceleration buttons, forward and backward motion controls, as well as four-speed modes, this electric skateboard remote controller gives you complete control over your ride. And with its 2.4G wireless transmission technology, you can maintain control over distances of up to 14 meters!
But that’s not all. This handheld remote control is also incredibly lightweight, weighing only 62 grams, making it easy to carry with you wherever you go. And with its advanced LCD screen display, you can monitor the battery level of both your electric skateboard and your remote, as well as your current speed and other important details.
Designed for maximum convenience, this electric skateboard remote controller comes equipped with a powerful 300 mAh lithium battery that can deliver up to 8 hours of use after just 2 hours of charging. So whether you’re cruising through the city or hitting the open road, you can be sure of an exceptional ride every time.
No products found.
With its color LED display screen, you’ll be able to easily keep track of all your data, and with its impressive battery life of up to 12 working hours, you won’t have to worry about running out of juice in the middle of a ride.
But that’s just the beginning – the VX2 Pro V4 Version of the remote gives you the option to choose between km/h and miles/h, so you can customize your experience to fit your preferences. And if you’re using an FSESC or other ESC (FOCBOX) with your skateboard, this remote is still the perfect choice for you – it’s designed to work seamlessly with a range of controllers.
But perhaps the best feature of the FLIPSKY Skateboard Remote is its wireless technology. With support for 3-speed and cruise control modes, you’ll be able to ride comfortably and confidently, with full control over your board at all times. And with the ability to set additional parameters to fine-tune your skateboard to your liking, you’ll never want to go back to an older remote.
Common Questions About The Electric Skateboard Remote
What is an electric skateboard remote control?
The remote is an essential component of an electric skateboard as it enables you to control your speed by selecting the acceleration, deceleration, and stopping functions.
To use an electric skateboard for local transportation, you need a good quality remote control in addition to tilting your feet to turn. The remote controls the acceleration and braking while riding, allowing you to travel at speeds between 10 and 30 mph with ease and confidence.
How does an Electric Skateboard Remote work?
- A skateboard contains a small processor, much like the one found in your computer or smartphone. This processor serves as the main controller, connecting the battery to the motor and the built-in Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) on the board.
- The controller determines the position of the throttle on the board, and whether you can move it forward or backward depends on the configuration of the ESC on your board.
- The remote and the ESC have Bluetooth modules enabling communication between them.
What are the types of Electric Skateboard Remote?
- A thumbwheel is a popular type of e-skateboard remote that has a wheel on top. You can move the board by sliding the wheel forward to accelerate and pulling it back to brake. This mechanism is known as a thumbwheel and is used in almost all electric skateboards.
- Some remotes come with a safety feature called a “deadman trigger.” To accelerate, you must first pull the trigger with your index finger and then push with your thumb. This two-step process prevents accidental acceleration from pushing the throttle button by mistake. Although it is a good system, the additional components increase the production cost of this remote, which is why it is only present in the more expensive electric skateboards.
What features should you look for in an Electric Skateboard Remote?
- Latency: Latency refers to the speed at which your electric skateboard reacts to movements made on the thumbwheel of your remote. A lower latency is preferable.
- Design: When choosing a remote control for your electric skateboard, it is important to consider the design’s usability and comfort since you will be holding it throughout your ride. I suggest trying out different models to see which one feels the most comfortable and ergonomic for you. The design should be easy to handle and practical.
- Durability: When choosing a remote control, it’s important to prioritize durability. To achieve this, seek out models with a strong, protective casing that can withstand accidental impacts. A durable remote control is less likely to sustain damage and more likely to continue functioning properly over time.
- Ease of use: Although simple remotes have buttons and a throttle to control speed and movement, riding requires more information. It’s helpful to know the board’s battery status and speed.
What to know when using an Electric Skateboard Remote?
- Some electric skateboards come with additional features like regenerative braking, which converts the energy of braking into battery power. If your skateboard has regenerative braking, you can activate it by pulling the thumbstick back harder instead of just tapping it.
- Take some time to get comfortable with the remote control before you start riding your electric skateboard. Make sure you know how to adjust the speed and how to stop smoothly before you start riding in a crowded area.
- Always wear safety gear like a helmet and knee pads while skateboarding. Electric skateboards can reach high speeds and accidents can happen quickly if you’re not prepared.
Video Tutorial How to use an electric skateboard remote
If you’re looking for a convenient, hands-free way to control your electric skateboard, the Video may be just what you need. Learn all the ins and out of an electric skateboard remote.
In conclusion, the electric skateboard remote is essential to any electric skateboard experience. It provides riders with the ability to control speed and direction effortlessly, maximizing safety and enjoyment. The latest models are equipped with advanced features, such as wireless connectivity and intuitive interfaces, making them more user-friendly than ever before.
Additionally, the remote’s compact size and lightweight design allow for convenient carrying, further enhancing portability. As electric skateboards continue to gain popularity, the importance of a reliable and efficient remote cannot be overstated. Therefore, we encourage all-electric skateboard enthusiasts to invest in a high-quality remote, ensuring a smooth and exhilarating ride every time.